The Dyer County Schools Special Education Department provides quality, individualized support for the development of social, emotional, and academic potential of the whole child by empowering and inspiring each student to cultivate intellect, talent, and character in order to successfully transition into adulthood.
As student support services personnel, we believe the role of our department is to:
• Identify students with special needs and create opportunities to reach each child's potential by setting high expectations.
• Foster positive relationships with all stakeholders (parents, students, teachers, administrators, support staff, community, etc.) that encourage advocacy, collaboration, and responsibility.
• Promote innovative and research-based instructional techniques to support students and staff.
• Ensure appropriate educational opportunities through collaboration and inclusive practices.
• Develop productive and independent citizens through student-centered transition planning.