Mr. Greg Cherry
Dear Parents and Students:
Whether you are new to the area, just now enrolling a student, or an established student at Fifth Consolidated, we extend our appreciation to you for joining us for the 2014-2015 school year. It is our goal to help each child that walks through our doors reach his or her full potential. I believe that you will find that Fifth Consolidated is an exciting place to learn!
As we begin this school year, I would like to share some important information and guidelines that will hopefully answer a few of the most common questions that you may have.
- Classes begin at 8:00 a.m. If a student is later than 8:05 a.m. an adult must sign him/her in at the office and receive a tardy slip before going to class.
• Please refer to the Explanation of Traffic Patterns for a better understanding of arrival and dismissal traffic patterns.
• We have staff on duty starting at 7:00 a.m. in the cafeteria. Students that enter the building before 7:45 a.m. must stay in the cafeteria until dismissed.
• Afternoon late duty last until 3:30 p.m., please have your child picked-up before then.
• Tardies and early pick-ups are entered into the attendance log and can add up quickly. If at all possible, keep these to emergency situations only. We encourage and reward perfect attendance.
• Additional dates and information can be found on our website at http://fces.dyercs.net
We welcome parents to eat lunch with your child but please remember:
- • Call and inform our cafeteria staff if you plan to eat with your child. (285-2783)
• Sign-in and obtain a visitor’s badge at the office before going to the cafeteria.
• Please do not bring in food or drinks (Fast Food) from outside the cafeteria.
Thank you in advance for the support you give Fifth Consolidated Elementary. I look forward to the challenges and opportunities that this year will bring. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.